February 20, 2013
What made krill oil the most popular among the nutritional supplements is its benefits. A lot of people begin to consume krill oil medicines and capsules without studying the suitable dosage necessary on a daily basis. Krill oil in its purest form poses less risk. However, it is still wise to know and follow the recommended dosage in order to benefit the most from this supplement. Physicians recommend a dosage based on various factors. These are allergy, age, any medical complications, diseases, gender and many more. They will also consider height, health and weight. After several weeks of a certain dosage, one can suit the required dosage for his body. This will depend on his metabolic rate. Thus, it is most advisable to follow a recommended dosage at the start. However, the FDA has not provided any guidelines for a recommended dosage. A recommended dosage for omega-3 fatty acids such as EPA and DHA is available. The intake of these fatty acids on a daily basis must be greater than 2 grams or 2000mg.
- Typically, the recommended krill oil dosage is 1 to 3 grams per day. But this will completely depend on the type of body a person has as well as the rate of metabolism.
- For those with smaller framed bodies, it is recommended to take 2 grams of krill oil supplements. Anyone should begin using this dosage amount. Then, it can be reduced to 1.5 to 1 gram each day.
- Individuals with medium and average body type are advised to start with 1.5 grams per day. After several weeks, it can be lowered to 1 gram. For a healthy individual, the daily dosage is 2 grams or 2000mg.
- Those with large body frames must consider taking a daily dosage of 1-1.5 grams of krill oil. After a month, it can be lowered to 1 gram per day as maintainable dose.
- In children, the krill oil dosage can only be recommended by a physician. Most health experts advise that 1 gram of krill is the suitable dosage for children up to ten years old. For kids below ten years old, consultation with a pediatrician is strictly advised. A lot of health experts also suggest that supplements specially made for the kids should be used.
- A doctor can recommend a particular dosage based on a specific case. This is applicable to people with health complications such as joint issues and arthritis.
Filed under: Food Supplements