February 25, 2013
Maca is a kind of root crop. It originates from the Andes Mountains of Peru. Since ancient times, it has been used in dealing with a lot of health conditions, enhancing mental clarity and rejuvenating the body. Today, it is available in the form of maca root extract powder or capsules. It is used as an herbal supplement for both men and women. Maca root extract powder is very rich in nutrients vital to the body. These include calcium, iron, fiber, magnesium, potassium and vitamins. In fact, it contains higher amount of calcium when compared to milk. In traditional times, maca root was used by people suffering from malnutrition. This was due to its rich nutrient profile. At this section, we will take a look at the different benefits of maca powder for men and women.
Here is a detailed look of what this remarkable herb can provide.
- Relieves the Symptoms of Menopause: In women, one of the biggest benefits of maca powder is reduction in the symptoms of menopause. These include hot flashes, mood swings, depression and irritability. All of these have considerably been reduced when maca powder is used by women.
- Treats Erectile Dysfunction: Men can resort to the intake of maca powder if they have problems with their sexual performance due to erectile dysfunction.
- Promotes Sexual Performance: This herb can serve as an aphrodisiac. This can help further enhance sexual performance in men and women. Due to its antidepressant effects, it can enhance serotonin production which is the feel-good hormone in the body. It serves as an aphrodisiac food.
- Enables Muscle Growth: It is believed that athletes and individuals interested in sports who take maca powder noted its natural steroid effect. It enhances the growth of muscles. Without the side effects of steroids, maca can be useful to athletes. It enhances muscle growth and their subsequent performance.
- Reduction of Cholesterol: Even if this effect has not been tested in humans, an animal test showed that the intake of maca powder can reduce the levels of cholesterol, triglycerides and LDL or bad cholesterol.
- Controls the Production of Hormone: According to studies, maca powder regulates hormones. It treats conditions which are related to irregular production of hormones. So, this can cure infertility and low sperm count. Other benefits of maca root include reduction of stress and fatigue and having that fresh and energized feeling all through the day.
- Treatment for Osteoporosis: Maca powder is a remarkable natural remedy for osteoporosis. This is due to its high levels of calcium, fiber and proteins. Women are more susceptible to this condition compared to men. Upon its intake, women said they felt better and relieved from this condition. So, this is one of the numerous benefits of maca root for women.
Filed under: Food Supplements