March 4, 2013
Since ancient times, the benefits of herbal essential oils have been obtained by man. One of the highly used natural ingredients is tea tree oil. This is extracted from the leaves of the plant called Melaleuca alternifolia. Tea tree oil is known due to its cosmetic and medicinal properties. Since oral consumption shows toxic effects on the body, it is only used for topical applications. With its unique properties in eliminating head lice and treating dandruff, tea tree oil has been utilized in making hair oils, shampoos, gels and hair sprays.
- Usually, tea tree oil is available in health food stores. An ounce bottle is approximately $10. It is known as a natural antiseptic. It has a good effect on cancer sores. Some natural deodorants with tea tree oil are available.
- In Canada, drug stores such as Shoppers Drugmart and even Wal-Mart in their pharmacy department are selling tea tree oil. You may also avail them through an online store.
- In the United States, tea tree oil is available at any Walmart, health food store, grocery or pharmacy.
- In the United Kingdom, you can purchase tea tree oil in numerous supermarkets, health food stores and pharmacies.
- In California, it is available at Trader Joe’s, Henry’s Markets or Whole Foods.
Filed under: Food Supplements